Braised Asparagus with Butter
Total time: 15 minutes Click for menu ideas
Roasted, fried, grilled - all wonderful ways to fix asparagus. Sometimes we just have to do the classic. Cooking time for asparagus varies with the thickness so be careful not to overcook. I normally remove the pan from heat, but leave covered, for 7 - 9 minutes more, after the lid has reached the 'too hot to touch' point.
- 12oz (350gr) asparagus - more if you truly love it
- 1 - 2 tbs butter
- Seasoning: fresh cracked pepper, snipped chives, basil, or other herb
- Snap off ends of asparagus. If white use vegetable peeler and peel the bottom half of stalk.
- Put into a skillet big enough to hold them without cutting, add water to cover bottom by 1/4 inch, cover and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and cook just until done, 10 - 15 minutes, longer for white, adding a bit of water as needed. When done drain and put into a serving dish.
- Return the skillet to heat and melt the butter.
- Add the herbs and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and sauté until heated through.
- Put back onto serving dish and serve - adding salt and pepper if desired.