Sautéed Carrots with Leeks
Total time: 20 minutes Click for menu ideas
If your leek is very clean, leave it whole and slice rounds for a nicer presentation. If sandy, slice in half and rinse as usual.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small leek
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs chicken stock
- Slice the carrots into thin rounds.
- Trim leek, cut in half the long way and rinse well. Thinly slice.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add the leeks and sauté until tender.
- Add the carrots and stir well to combine.
- Add the stock, cover, reduce heat and cook until carrots are tender, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook off any remaining liquid. Serve.