Carrots with Mustard Glaze
Total time: 25 minutes Click for menu ideas
I got the idea for this in a Williams Sonoma cookbook. Honey could be used instead of the Brown sugar. The color is a bit odd but the flavor is wonderful!
- 2 - 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs chicken stock
- Peel carrots, and cut into rounds about 1/4" (.6cm) thick.
- Put carrots and water into a small saucepan or nonstick skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and let simmer until done, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Drain carrots and return empty pan to heat.
- Add stock, brown sugar, thyme and mustard and stir until sugar is melted.
- Add carrots and stir, over high heat until glaze is thick and hot. Serve.